Imagine being stuck in traffic on a 102-degree day when your vehicle’s air conditioning system malfunctions. With summer heating up, Concord Auto Care recommends that motorists be cautious and have their A/C system checked to make sure it is working properly.
As the weather heats up, the last thing anyone wants to be is hot under the collar in their vehicle when they are driving to work or on a family vacation. Making sure your A/C system is working properly will keep you and your passengers cool and safe, making it a better summer on the road.
A vehicle’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning system (HVAC) keeps the interior cabin comfortable in any season by providing the right temperature and humidity level. Typical A/C service by Concord Auto Care consists of the following
- Service technician visually inspects hoses, lines, seals and other components for leaks as well as inspects the drive belt for cracks or damage.
- Technician checks pressure to test operation, refrigerant charge and outlet temperatures.
- If the system is found to be low on refrigerant, a leak test is performed to find the source of the leak. Leaking refrigerant heats up a vehicle and damages the ozone layer.
- Refrigerant may be added, if necessary, to “top off” the system, although some states do not allow “topping off.”
- A technician may also check for evidence of refrigerant cross-contamination.
- A/C service should also include a check of the compressor’s drive belt and tension.
Concord Auto Care also recommends that when having a vehicle’s HVAC system inspected, the cabin air filter be checked to make sure air is flowing properly into the car.